There are several ways to revamp your home. The best one known is to bring indoors potted plants. Designing the home with greenery can transform your abode into foliage, tropical paradise and will make the place more breathable. Also, it is one of the easiest and economical ways to style your home because getting it painted or decorating it with furniture or decor will cost you a whopping amount of money.
But, just placing plants in and around the home will not be enough because every plant is different. Each plant has different care requirements and are best suited for particular rooms. Certain factors need to be kept in mind before decorating the home with indoor plants.
- Lighting Requirements
So, to help you out refurbishing your home naturally with plants, we have prepared a list of indoor plants for every room.
- Living Room: Living room is the centre of attraction in any house and witnesses a lot of foot traffic. It is the place where you spend most of your time chilling with friends and family. Highlight the corners of the living room by placing a Rubber tree, Philodendron, or Bird Of Paradise. While choosing the plant, take into consideration the lighting requirements of the living room– bright direct sunlight, bright indirect sunlight, medium indirect sunlight, low light. Also, play with vases. Pick vases that add length to the space.
- Kitchen: Kitchen is the source of water. It’s humid but not as humid as the bathroom in your home. Additionally, space is limited in the kitchen. So, we would suggest you to go with hanging plants or potted herbs on the windowsill that you can also use to garnish your dishes, everyday. The best plants for the kitchen are herbs, trailing Pothos, and Ferns.
- Dining Room: If you have a separate dining room in your house, consider placing plants in the corners to make the room look lively. Dining room is another area where you and your family meet, eat, and greet each other. Make it peaceful and conducive. Plants like cactus or succulents, Begonia, Rubber tree, Philodendron are best. If you have placed a rubber tree in the living room, place Begonia in the dining room to create eye-catchy variety. Another plant that is best suited for the dining room is a lucky bamboo plant. Place lucky bamboo on the dining table to attract energy as the dining room is your family’s seat of abundance. You can easily buy Lucky bamboo plant online potted in a glass vase with colourful stones.
- Bedroom: Bedroom is your restful sanctuary. So, place plants that add peaceful vibes to the room and let you relax and rejuvenate. Air-purifying plants and plants that boost your mood are highly recommended. Do not go overboard with the plants. Place them in a way that your room doesn’t look cluttered. Plants for the bedroom include, Snake plant, Spider plant, Peace Lily plant.
- Bathroom: Bathroom is one place in your home that has a distinct environment from rest of the rooms. It is humid and has warm temperatures, which makes it the ideal place for tropical plants. Line the windowsills with ferns or trailing pothos. On the cabinets, you can place ferns and air plants.
- Kid’s Room: It’s never too early to show your kid the wonders of nature. Plants in their room will spark their creativity. Choose kid friendly plants in colourful vases. Neon pothos, succulents, Fittonia are some of our favourites.
- Home Office: For the home office, pick plants that fuel your creativity and attract good luck and prosperity. Jade plant, Marimo Moss, Lucky Bamboo are some of the suggestions for indoor office plants.
Now, when you know which plant to place where, what’s with the wait? Bring nature indoors. You will love it!