The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations popularly known as CISCE Board was established in the year 1958. It is a national level private education institution. The main purpose of the board is to serve the nation by providing education with high-quality, stimulating learning prospects with an assurance of excellence. The curriculum of CISCE Board is well-structured which aims in providing practical knowledge to the students by enhancing their analytical skills. The CISCE Board designs the syllabus after consulting subject experts in their respective fields.
Along with creating the curriculum, prescribing textbooks the board also conducts The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE Class 10) and The Indian School Certificate (ISC Class 11 and 12). It also provides essential study materials for board exam purposes such as specimen papers, previous year papers, question paper structure, etc. Compared to the CBSE Board, the CISCE Board approach to education is more student-friendly.
In a student’s academic life, ISC Board Class 12 is considered to be an important exam. In this current pandemic situation, appearing for a board exam can be stressful and can cause anxiety among students. The absence of classroom sessions can also make it difficult for students to prepare for the exam. Class 12 results decide the future goal of students. Score higher marks in the Class 12 board exam will help students to get admission to top prestigious colleges and universities.
While preparing for the board exam, solving the ISC Class 12 Specimen papers plays a vital role. Students should work hard to score well in the Class 12 board exam. From the beginning of the academic session, students should begin their exam preparation smartly. Most of the students get panicked when the exams are nearby, and they ruin their hard work which they have put in till now. So, students should strategize their plan in such a way that they can give equal attention to all the subjects.
Here in this article, we have provided a few tips and tricks of utilizing the specimen papers efficiently.
Why Students Should Solve ISC Class 12 Specimen Papers
- By practising the Specimen papers, students can understand the exam paper pattern, weightage of marks, important questions and crucial topics.
- With the help of these papers, students can get higher marks in their exam. It is considered the best resource for students to practise. Every year ISC Board releases the latest sample papers for Class 12 for Science, Commerce and Arts stream.
- Students can find loopholes by solving the Specimen papers. They can self-evaluate their performance with these Specimen papers. Doing so will help them be aware of the small mistakes that they were committing while solving the Specimen papers. Thus, they can improve their performance in the board exam.
- Practise as many as Specimen papers to be thorough with the entire syllabus. These Specimen papers provide students with an ample number of questions from each chapter to practise. So, make it a habit of solving these Specimen papers regularly without fail.
- Solving the Specimen papers also boosts the confidence of students. It familiarizes students with the question paper pattern and its difficulty level. Also, they get to learn how to tackle difficult questions at the time of the exam. This boosts the confidence level of students and fills them with positive energy.
- It also teaches them to improve their time management skills. While solving the Specimen papers, students can note down the timings they took to solve each question.
In this way, they can calculate the timings they took to solve the entire paper and can improve on it accordingly. The Specimen Papers are based on the ISC syllabus and previous year papers. For students, ISC specimen papers always proved to be beneficial as it gives a brief structure of the real question paper. Make it a habit of solving these specimen papers so that no crucial topics are missed out. So, make sure to solve the Specimen papers without fail to get greater marks in their Class 12 board exam.