Poland falls in the Schengen Area in Europe. It is known for its stunning architecture, museums dedicated to World War II, sprawling cities, and endless meadows. Poland is bound to mesmerise you with its natural beauty and rich heritage.
Since Poland is a Schengen Area country, if you are planning to travel to Poland, you will need to have a Schengen-compliant travel and health insurance policy. You can also opt for a travel insurance Poland policy that offers health and travel-related non-medical insurance as a combined package, and it would be the best travel insurance plan.
What Type of Travel Insurance for Poland is Mandatory?
All foreign travellers to the Schengen Area are mandated to have a health insurance policy with the following coverage:
- Sum Insured – 30,000 Euros
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
Travellers can also opt for a travel insurance plan that offers the required medical coverage. If you are travelling for work and have a business travel insurance policy, then make sure that you check if the coverage matches the requirements specified by the Schengen countries. Also, keep tabs on the coronavirus situation and news. Many countries have started re-introducing Covid-related rules. Before you travel, make sure that you read up about the insurance requirements for Poland.
Things to Do in Poland
Here is a list of things that you can do while in Poland:
- Go Sailing: There are numerous lakes and rivers that are interlinked and offer a great opportunity for sailing.
- Club-Hopping: The Kazimierz district in Krakow is popular for its clubs and cafes.
- Carpathian Mountains: Ski, hike, or bike in the Carpathian Mountains that stand tall at the Polish borders of Ukraine and Germany
- Auschwitz-Birkenau: During the Second World War, Germany had turned Poland into a genocide ground where the German Army massacred thousands of Jews. Auschwitz-Birkenau was a concentration camp that has been preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Museums: You can find the best museums in Poland in Warsaw.
- Gdansk: This is one of the most beautiful seaports in the world.
You can reach Poland from all major Indian cities. There are flights to various international airports in Poland, including the Gdansk Airport, Warsaw Airport, Krakow Airport, and Warsaw Modlin Airport.
Polish people primarily travel by train since it is fast and cost-efficient. If you are travelling to the mountainous regions, then you can opt for a local bus.
Best Time to Visit Poland
Poland is known to have pleasant weather around the year. The months from March to May and September to November are the best for visiting Poland.
Things to Know Before Visiting Poland
Here is some important information that you must keep handy while visiting Poland:
- English is not used extensively in Poland. In fact, you will find that in many small towns, people don’t speak or understand English. Hence, you will need to move around with a Polish phrasebook
- Poland is a safe country for travellers. However, you must be careful of your belongings in tourist areas
- The official currency of Poland is the Poland Zloty.
- The Indian Embassy in Poland is in Warsaw and can be reached at +48 22 540 00 00. You can also email them at [email protected]; [email protected];
To travel to Poland, you need a medical insurance policy in compliance with the Schengen Area rules. However, you can opt for an international travel insurance policy that offers medical coverage as required and offers coverage for non-medical exigencies too. This can help you enjoy your time in Poland in a worry-free manner. You can buy travel insurance for Poland from India. But before you buy the insurance, we suggest you compare all the plans online to get cheap travel insurance to Poland. If you are also planning to visit other countries, then ensure that you understand all the mandatory requirements before commencing your journey. Safe Travels.