Now-a-days Dandruff is a very common problem which affects life of millions of people worldwide. It is a common problem that causes flaky, dry skin on the scalp. It can be serious, embarrassing and difficult to treat. It is a type of Seborrheic dermatitis. So, there are different viable ways to get rid of dandruff and halt it from recurring again. In this article, we are going examine around a few of the most excellent ways to get rid of dandruff like using best dandruff shampoo for oily scalp:
Symptoms of dandruff –
- Flaky, white or yellowish skin on the scalp
- Itchy or irritated scalp
- Dry scalp
- Oily or greasy scalp
- Scalp redness or inflammation
- Small white flakes on clothing or hair
- Recurring scalp itchiness and irritation.
To get rid of Dandruff here are the few ways given –
- Use an anti-dandruff shampoo: Use of anti-dandruff shampoo is the most viable way to get rid of dandruff. Buy the shampoos which contains ingredients like- Ketoconazole, Selenium Sulphide, or Pyrithione Zinc. Use this shampoo for hair wash as directed apply on the scalp and leave it for few minutes before washing.
- Apply tea tree oil: Another effective way to get rid of the dandruff is Tea Tree oil. This oil has antifungal properties which makes a difference to get freed of any skin issue. So, you have to blend this oil with a coconut oil or olive oil and rub it into your scalp for few minutes at that point take off it for 30 minutes. After that wash it with any anti- dandruff shampoo or mild shampoo.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is the natural way to reduce the dandruff. This apple cider vinegar helps to maintain the pH level of the scalp and helps in removing dandruff. For this remedy you have to mix equal amount of water and vinegar and apply it on your scalp. After 15 minutes you can wash it with normal water or a mild shampoo.
- Comb your hair regularly: To prevent from dandruff it is necessary to comb your hair regularly as it helps to remove the dead skin cells from the scalp. Use a soft- bristled comb or wooden comb and massage your scalp in a circular motion. Be careful during massage don’t be too rough or hard on the scalp as it can lead to hair fall or can irritate your scalp.
- Avoid using hair products with harsh chemicals: Avoid to use the hair products which are made from harsh chemical as it will affect on your scalp. Hair sprays, gels, are some hair products which can cause dryness on the scalp, which leads to occurring of dandruff.
- Maintain a healthy diet: It is necessary to maintain a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals so include some fruits, green vegetables, nuts in your diet which can help to prevent from dandruff.
In summary, dandruff can be a lead to a genuine and embarrassing issue, but it can be treated effectively by utilizing the correct strategy. By using anti-dandruff shampoos, which contains ketoconazole, pyrithione, by applying tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar etc. are the some of the effective methods to get rid of dandruff. If your dandruff remains after doing all these measures, so consult to a dermatologist for the treatment and try using dandruff shampoo for oily scalp to see the best results.